How to submit a poster abstract
Submissions are welcome from NHS Scotland employees, our voluntary and partner organisations, and other public or private sector organisations on any aspect of work they are undertaking in, with or on behalf of NHS Scotland.
- Abstracts must not exceed 400 words excluding title, references and any diagrams.
- You may include up to two images, diagrams or tables to illustrate your work further.
- Poster abstracts should make explicit reference to how you are contributing to the work being recognised within the poster category.
- Ensure that your abstract is linked to at least one of the Poster Categories
- In addition to submitting your abstract for consideration under the relevant poster category, if you also want your abstract to be considered for the Transformational Change award to recognise work that is transforming the way care is provided in Scotland, please ensure you fully illustrate this in your abstract (and poster if your poster is selected for display). Do not worry if that is not the main focus of your work. The criteria for judging the main poster categories will remain unchanged.
- Download a copy of the poster abstract form here.
- Once you have completed your abstract form and had the content quality assured (as instructed below), you will then be required to submit your final abstract via the online form here.
Quality Assurance Arrangements Before Uploading Your Final Abstract
In order to ensure your poster abstract is on message and that the content portrays your work to its full potential, please follow the appropriate quality assurance process set out below.
Once you have completed the abstract form you must have it quality assured through the arrangements set out below. Please note that you need to do this by no later than Monday 3 February 2020.
Abstracts from NHS Scotland only
- For abstracts that are submitted by NHS Scotland only. It is important that you discuss the content of your poster abstract with your line manager, NHS Board Quality Improvement Lead or Clinical Governance Lead prior to submission. Please also discuss and agree the content of your poster abstract with your designated Poster Co-ordinator.
Abstracts from Partner Organisations co-authored by NHS Scotland personnel
- For abstracts submitted by a Partner Organisation that also includes NHS Scotland staff, please ensure that as well as discussing and agreeing the content of your abstract through your own governance arrangements, please also discuss and agree the content with the designated Poster Co-ordinator for the NHS Scotland staff involved in the planning and design of your abstract.
Abstracts from Partner Organisations with no NHS Scotland input
- For each abstract submitted by one or more Partner Organisations with no NHS Scotland input, please ensure that you discuss and agree the content of your abstract through the relevant governance arrangements – i.e. for each partner author’s employing organisation as appropriate.
All poster abstracts will be reviewed by the Poster Co-ordinator and/or by the employing governance arrangements and constructive feedback will be provided on the content – with possibly some editorial changes suggested where appropriate. Please ensure you have received their comments by no later than Monday 17 February – you will then have two weeks to make any amendments to your abstract before the deadline for uploading it online.
Uploading Your Final and Approved Abstract via the NHS Scotland Events Website
Once your abstract has been reviewed and agreed through the appropriate governance arrangements, you will be required to complete the online abstract form for final submission.
Final Poster abstracts must be uploaded by no later than 5pm on Monday 2 March 2020.
Please note there will be no extension to this deadline.
All poster abstracts will be reviewed by a group of shortlisters who will score them between 3 March and 17 March 2020.