Nominations have now closed for this year’s Scottish Health Awards, and we’re delighted to announce that we received over 500 nominations. The number and quality of the nominations received is testament to the value that the people of Scotland place on those who work in and with the NHS in Scotland.
2021 celebrates an incredible 20 years of the Scottish Health Awards. The Awards recognise, not only, the outstanding contribution of frontline health and social care workers but also shines a light on those who work so hard behind the scenes in support roles to ensure Scotland has the highest standard of health and care services.
There are sixteen award categories including a People’s Choice Award which will be open to a public vote from 13 September.
- Support Worker Award (sponsored by UNISON NHS Lothian Branch)
- Innovation Award (sponsored by NHS Research & SHIL)
- Volunteers Award
- Midwife Award (sponsored by Royal College of Midwives)
- Allied Health Professional Award
- Young Achiever Award
- Unsung Hero Award
- Care for Mental Health Award
- Integrated Care Award
- Tackling Health Inequalities Award (sponsored by Scottish Government)
- Leader of the Year Award
- Nurse Award (sponsored by Unison Greater Glasgow & Clyde)
- Doctor Award
- Top Team Award (sponsored by UNISON Scotland Health Committee)
- Global Citizenship Award
- People’s Choice Award (sponsored by Alpha Solway)
The People’s Choice Award specifically recognises our individuals and teams who have responded so magnificently to the challenge of caring for people during the pandemic, while at the same time maintaining a range of essential services and continuing to provide essential care.
The People’s Choice Award will open for a public vote from Monday 13 September where you’ll be able to vote for your winner.
All finalists in the other categories on will be announced on Monday 4 October, and all winners – including the winner of the People’s Choice Award – will be announced on Thursday 4 November at the awards ceremony.