Nominations are now open for the Scottish Health Awards 2022. This is the 21st year of the awards which celebrate those working across NHS Scotland and its partners in delivering high quality health and social care services to the people of Scotland.
It’s been another incredibly challenging year, as services and staff were once again put under severe pressure in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic, while at the same time maintaining a range of essential services and continuing to provide first-class care for us all.
The Scottish Health Awards offer the opportunity to recognise and acknowledge the achievements and success of those working in health and social care during this demanding period.
The awards were officially launched at the NHS Scotland Event 2022 in Aberdeen, by Humza Yousaf MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social Care, who said:
“Please nominate a hero or heroes to thank them for their compassion, expertise, skill and dedication. These awards recognise the contribution of frontline health and social care workers but also celebrate those who work so hard behind the scenes in support roles to ensure we have the kind of health and care services that are so crucial to achieving the highest quality of care.”
There are sixteen award categories including a People’s Choice Award which will be open to a public vote.
- Support Worker Award (sponsored by UNISON NHS Lothian Branch)
- Innovations (sponsored by School of Sciences, University of Dundee)
- Volunteers Award
- Midwife Award (sponsored by Royal College of Midwives)
- Allied Health Professional Award
- Young Achiever Award
- Unsung Hero Award
- Care for Mental Health Award
- Integrated Care Award
- Tackling Health Inequalities Award (sponsored by Scottish Government)
- Leader of the Year Award
- Nurse Award (sponsored by Unison Greater Glasgow & Clyde)
- Doctor Award
- Top Team Award (sponsored by UNISON Scotland Health Committee)
- Global Citizenship Award
- People’s Choice Award (sponsored by Alpha Solway)
Please take the time to nominate someone you believe deserves to be recognised across the sixteen award categories for this year.
All winners will be announced on 3 November at the awards ceremony, at the O2 Academy in Edinburgh.
Submit your nominations for the Scottish Health Awards 2022 online by 5pm on 21 August at www.scottishhealthawards.com