The Power of Partnership
12:30 – 15:00
This visit will take place at the Inverurie Health and Care Hub. Opened in 2018, the Hub is located in the grounds of the town’s community hospital. During this visit, delegates will have the opportunity to learn about whole-system partnership working in the NHS Grampian area. The visit will draw on the approaches in three different initiatives: (i) The Virtual Community Ward – a tangible example of good partnership and of patient-centred, co-location of health and social care teams that highlights the Aberdeenshire ethos of ‘one team’; (ii) The Daily System Connect – NHS Grampian’s forum for raising issues encountered on a daily basis and collaborating to develop cross-system solutions; and (iii) NHS Grampian’s Portfolios Approach – providing an overview of how the traditional departmental and organisational boundaries are being deconstructed through a Portfolios Approach to allow for more integrated planning and delivery of health and care services.
Please note that the Experience Day visits have limited capacity, so early booking is advised.
- Travel arrangements: Transport to and from the venue will be provided on the day. Delegates are asked to meet at the front entrance to the P&J. Delegates will then be transported back to the P&J Live after the visit.
- Meeting time/location: 12:30 at front entrance to P&J Live
- Session duration: 13:00 – 14:30
- Arrive back at P&J Live: Approx. 15:00
- Venue: Inverurie Health and Care Hub
- Format: Three 20 minute topical sessions followed by a discussion with audience questions.